Friday, February 8, 2013

Another mixed media project

Here's another little mixed media project I finished the other day. I'm sorry I don't have more/better pics. I quickly took this when I set it up for sale at my Howsewears shop at Building Character. It was taken with my cell phone, but I hope to use my "real camera" and post some more so you can see the cool features like the texture and color.





The very cool thing about this project is that I discovered a new use for thickened Ranger crackle paint. It was too thick to use on cards, but it was great to use as a makeshift molding paste. I just used a heart stencil that was actually cut out of cereal box material with my Black Cat Cougar, so it was thicker than the normal plastic stencil. Therefore, the "paste" was good and thick. It dried nice and "crackly. I then spread Stickles dry glitter on top while it was wet. More pics to come when I get down to my shop (unless it sells). ;)
Thanks for looking!
Fondly, Tami

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, and that IS a fantastic use of the crackle paint, maybe even a better way to use it than I have tried to this point. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see that a little closer! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project and agree about the use of the crackle paint! I have had mixed results with it!

    I am having a link party and would love it if you would link up. The party is for crafts, DIY projects, recipes and etsy shops. Is is the In and Out of the Kitchen link party and is live right now!

    See you there! Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!